Jump to the main content block

Language Center

Welcome to NPTU



    There is only one kind of health insurance in Taiwan – National Health Insurance (NHI). Foreigners who are staying in Taiwan for at least 4 months and holding a Residence Certificate are eligible for, and should enroll in, the NHI Program. They have to go to the local administrative office to enroll in the NHI program.

    Before they are eligible for the NHI program, students can either purchase their own insurance or participate in a temporary health insurance program offered by the Language Center of National Pingtung University of Education.

    When traveling overseas for a short period of time, either on business or on vacation, and then returning to Taiwan with a valid ARC, foreigners must remain enrolled in the NHI program.


Please visit: http://www.nhi.gov.tw for relevant information.